Sunday, November 17, 2013

Looking forward to Thanksgiving!

Last night I was thinking about Thanksgiving and how thankful I am that it is drawing near!  Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday.  All about eating, visiting, and family!!
I thought I would post a few pictures of my last year's Thanksgiving table and decorations.
 
 
Only 4 of us last year for the Thanksgiving meal.
 
I love bittersweet...  I had some bittersweet plant, saved from the year before, that I cut into pieces and put in some of my turkeys that have openings in the tops - probably old floral arrangement containers.

A couple of my favorite turkeys are the black and white salt and pepper shaker above.

It is easier to decorate a larger table, but I really thought these items were a pleasant addition to our little kitchen table.

It remained warm last year right up to Thanksgiving.  The herbs you see pictured above are from my garden.  It has already gotten chilly in the North Houston area and has even frosted this year, and my herbs aren't looking so good right now.
 
I hope that your Thanksgiving plans are coming along nicely.  I am so excited for Thanksgiving!  I LOVE the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade and then the dog show that comes on afterwards!  I love to watch those while cooking and puttering around the kitchen. 
May we all pause this year to consider those things which we are truly thankful for. 
~ Joeby

1 comment:

  1. I love Thanksgiving at your house! Your decorations are always so beautiful and the food so so delicious. Love your blog posts!

    ReplyDelete