Sunday, September 20, 2015

Back to Blogging!

It has been over a year since I last blogged!  How did the time go by so quickly?!
One of my "problems" was the death of my computer.  Where all of my fabulous pictures were stored.    I got a terrible virus that ate my computer.  After much sorrow for the loss of my beloved HP computer, I made the decision to get an iMac.  However... I have been scared of it... no idea how to move things around.  Well, I have finally learned how to do a few things!  Most importantly, I have learned how to access my pictures (not just look at them)!

Crafting in Joeby's Studio

For as long as I can remember, I have wanted to make "something" and sell it.  When I was pretty young, I made yarn dolls and sold them at school.  I also went through the phase of gluing beads on shells and selling them at school.  Then, I made flowers and sold them at school.  I was probably not supposed to do that, but I never got in trouble.
The bug to sell things has been churning a few years now, and I took the plunge.  Yesterday, I entered my first craft sale and sold things to other people!  It was so much fun, and SO much work!  I loved every minute of it!

Halloween candy dome - I love these!  Takes forever to make, but they turn out so cute!
Felt Trees - in my current favorite color of grey :)
Burlap pumpkins with real pumpkin stems and ribbon leaves.
Molded paper clay snowmen with hand knitted little hats.  
Little hats are pretty easy to make :)
Part of the set up yesterday.  I really didn't know what to expect, or really how to display anything.  When I was setting up (or even thinking about it), I could not remember one booth from all of the previous craft shows/sales that I had ever been to.  When looking online for ideas, nothing seemed to be similar to what I wanted to do or what I had to sell.  I hated to spend too much money on "displays" and then end up hating the whole process.  I am thankful that we had a couple of tables, and that I had a few pieces to display at different heights.  It was a perfect first show.  I am very thankful for my sweet husband, who helps me in everything and totally supports me.  I could not do this without him.  We had such fun day together!  At one point, he did offer to buy everything so we could go home - but, I think he was teasing!

So, "Joeby's Studio" has begun :)  I am so excited to make things for other people.  I love to receive hand made items, and I love to make something that hopefully someone else will enjoy.  I think I got the crafting bug from my Grandmother Sutton.  She loved to make things and would love to see these items I am making.

I hope that your week will be a good one!
~ Joeby





No comments:

Post a Comment