Friday, May 23, 2014

Fantastic Friday

Memorial Weekend Begins :)

I love Fridays!  And, a Holiday Weekend, makes this a Fantastic Friday!

 
I have a lot to do today...  I really want to lie around and read a good book.  I read A Lot!  I seldom, if ever, go a single day without reading.  I usually read more than one book a week - with more than one book going at a time - for variety.  I started reading heavily when I was a teenager and have kept it up since.  I admit...I really like the light and fluffy books.  I know that is a shock to my book club buddies and those who know me well.  I have been known to pick up biographies, or inspirational books (and I try to read my scriptures every day, too). 
I recently read a book that was not my usual romance novel.  The book is "Finding Ultra" by Rich Roll.  He went from overweight, to an elite Ultraman athlete.  He did 5 Ironman triathlons on 5 Hawaiian Islands in less than a week!  Very inspiring book.  It was an eye-opening book for transforming your physical activity from sedentary to crazy intense workouts. I am determined to get back to my 5-6 workouts a week at a healthy intense pace.  I loved how I felt when I worked out more.  Clothes fit better, and the energy level is 100% better.  Reading books like this inspire me.  Now, I need a good romance novel to balance things out :)
 

Ambrosia - 5 or 6 Cup Salad

My husband likes sweet salads (a.k.a. dessert).  I admit I love this one.  I didn't have it growing up.  I think the first time I had this was since I moved to Texas - I've lived here since 1997.  I was talking to my sweet niece about this salad.  I had always made it a 5 cup salad, and so did she, but her ingredients were one different than mine.  I loved her addition, pecans, but liked my different one, pineapple.  So, I decided to turn the 5 Cup Salad into 6 Cup Salad!
 
It may be fattening, but it is delicious (for dessert)!!
I love this little bowl!  Another Anthropologie find :)
 
Six Cup Salad
1 cup light sour cream
1 small can mandarin oranges, drained
1 small can crushed pineapple, drained
1 cup mini marshmallows
1 cup flaked, sweetened coconut
1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
Mix all together and chill several hours before eating.
 
Happy Friday!
 ~ Joeby


1 comment:

  1. Yum! I haven't had a chance to leave a comment for every one of your salad posts but they all look so delicious! I've already made the caprese salad twice since you posted it! And I keep pinning stuff as I see it so I know to go back and try them later! Hope you guys are having fun. We love you!

    ReplyDelete