Sunday, May 11, 2014

Happy Mother's Day!

Salad-a-Day #11
Happy Mother's Day
 
I hope that everyone is enjoying a fabulous Mother's Day, whether you happen to be a Mother or not.
I love that Mother's Day falls on a Sunday.  We only go to Church on Sunday.  We seldom do anything other than stay at home and just be together.  I love Sundays more that any other day :)
My Sweetheart cooked on the grill special for me today.  I admit that he usually cooks on the grill at least once on the weekend, and it is usually what ever I pick for him to cook.  I have been trying to eat much lighter meals lately.  I need to do that all the time, not just from time-to-time....  Man it is hard to do!  I LOVE to cook and I LOVE to eat...  I know the secret to losing weight is "to move more - eat less."  Putting it in practice is my problem.

 

Today, the recipe is "Joeby's Grilled Shrimp Salad."


 
Joeby's Grilled Shrimp Salad
Plate full of spinach
On top, place:
Any assortment of grill veggies
I used:
bell pepper (red and orange)
onions
tomatoes
mushrooms
salad tortilla chips strips (in cruton section of store)
A few red grapes cut in half
A few big grilled shrimp
 
I thought of the grilled veggies as my "dressing" for the salad and didn't add any additional dressing.
For my veggies - I used olive oil and dried french herbs with a little salt and pepper.  We put them on skewers so more of the surface of the veggies get a little grill action.
For the shrimp - I sprayed them with olive oil and sprinkled on lemon pepper and salt - also putting the shrimp on skewers for cooking.
My husband said he grills the veggies and shrimp for 6 minutes (3 on each side).
 
I hope you like the salad as much as I did.  It is my new favorite food.
Until tomorrow,
~ Joeby


No comments:

Post a Comment