Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Old Fashioned Carrot & Raisin Salad - Day 7

Salad-a-Day #7

Carrot and Raisin Salad

 
I have a sweetheart for a husband.  He is always trying to help me and encourage me.  I have been hunting and hunting for recipes in my large collection of cookbooks.  My husband and I were talking and he suggested this Carrot and Raisin Salad as one of his favorites.  I did not grow up eating it, and have really seldom had it.  I found many recipes using many different flavor combinations.  I combined several recipes to get this version.  I hope you like it as much as my husband and I do :)
 
 These are carrots that I pulled from my garden tonight - just for this picture.  I did not use my own for the salad, because I do not have that many in my garden.  I am planning on cooking
these tomorrow in a savory way.
Isn't the little white dish as cute as can be?  It has "Delta Airlines" stamped on the back.  I bought it at a flea market several years ago.  I think way back in the good-old-days the airlines use to serve first-class meals on little China dishes.  And, maybe they still do, but I have only flown first-class 3 times - each time my husband got upgraded from coach to first-class and let me have his good seat (told you he was a sweetie).
 It was as good as can be!! 
Carrot & Raisin Salad
3 cups shredded carrots
1 small can of crushed pineapple - drained
1 Tablespoon sugar
1/2 cup mayonaise
1 cup raisins (or combo of raisins and craisins)
1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
Mix crushed pineapple and sugar together in bottom of large mixing bowl.  Add remaining ingredients, stir gently to mix well.  Chill before serving.
 

Wildflowers in Our Yard

 Pink Poppy
 Our wildflower area is starting to come to life!
We get free wildflower seeds each year at The Woodlands, TX Wildflower Festival (in the fall).  We scatter the seeds and wait to see what blooms - fun and beautiful!
 
Hope you are having a fabulous day!
Until tomorrow,
~Joeby
 

No comments:

Post a Comment