Sunday, May 4, 2014

Oh What A Beautiful Day!

Beautiful Sunday

Salad-a-Day #4

 
It is a beautiful day in the North Houston area today!  I think it got up to a high of 84 with low humidity.  My husband and I were able to sit outside for several hours today. 

 

Tomato Caprese Pasta Salad

I thought I would make one of my favorite combinations for a fast salad today.  You can make it as large or as small as you want - depending on how many your are serving and how long you want to eat it.  I made this on Friday, and we are still eating it today - and it hasn't gotten at all soggy!!  I love salads that last for several days.
 
It will not be long until we have fresh tomatoes in our garden. Until then, I like to use cherry tomatoes - I used orange and red in this recipe.
Fresh basil is already doing great in our garden :)
I think cherry tomatoes are more dependable for good flavor than regular tomatoes during the "off" season.
All of the ingredients in an antique bowl I got at Round Top, Texas antique shopping a few weeks ago.  I love how cool the blue dots are on the front!  (I have a collection of Pyrex containers - a story for another day :)
 Tomatoes, fresh mozzarella balls, cooked pasta, fresh basil and seasonings.
 You can use white balsamic vinegar to keep the white mozarella looking pretty (instead of brown...) but I did not have anything
but the regular kind. 
 Salad ready to eat!
 
Tomato Caprese Pasta Salad
1 cup cooked pasta - your choice of variety
1 pint of cherry tomatoes cut in half
1 pint container of fresh mozzarella balls cut in to pieces (or you could get a larger piece of mozzarella and cut into cubes) - about 1 heaping cup of chopped mozzarella
1/4 cup chopped basil leaves
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
Salt and pepper to taste
Mix all together and chill - then enjoy!
 

Fresh Flowers

 
My husband is very thoughtful - best husband EVER!!  He got these beautiful sunflowers for me yesterday.  I love them :)  Sunflowers are some of my favorites because they look so happy.
 
I hope you have had a delightful Sunday!
Now I need to go watch The Amazing Race - our favorite show!!
Until tomorrow.
~ Joeby


1 comment: