Monday, May 19, 2014

Salad-a-Day #19

A Month of Salads

Day 19

Spinach Salad

 
I have had such a fun time thinking up salads, looking at cookbooks, getting advice and recipes, and then cooking or assembling these salads!  It started out as a way to hold myself accountable to eat a little healthier.  I have been in a terrible rut for the last couple of years - simply eating poorly and not exercising enough.  This is a month long journey, for me, to eat better, exercise more, and cut way back on sweets.
I hope you have had as much fun reading these posts as I have had creating them. 
 

Strawberry Balsamic Spinach Salad

Ingredients ready for salad making! 
My messy kitchen in the background...
I love strawberries and balsamic together - perfect combo.
Isn't it pretty?
Tonight was my husband's favorite salad that I have made so far - he just told me!! I really loved it too.  I can't believe how easy the dressing was to make either.  I am never buying store-bought dressing again :)  I did use white balsamic in this recipe, but I am confident that the regular "brown" one would be fabulous too, since it is so delicious.  I used it because I had bought it for another recipe that I made a few days back, and hate to not use it.  Very delicious!
 
Strawberry Balsamic Spinich Salad
Serves 2
3 tablespoons good olive oil
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1 1/2 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
5 cups baby spinach leaves, washed and dried
1 green onion sliced into tiny pieces
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
fresh ground pepper - to taste, if desired
In small jar, mix olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and salt - shake like crazy.
Place spinach leaves in large bowl.  Add 1 - 2 tablespoons dressing and toss to coat.  Add strawberries, shallot and feta - toss lightly so the strawberries stay pretty.  Drizzle on more dressing and then put on serving plates.  Add a little black pepper if desired - and then enjoy!!
 
I must admit, this was one of my favorite salads, too.  Maybe because it was SO easy to prepare.
I had some of the cornbread salad that I made yesterday for lunch today - and it was even better today!!
I hope that all of you have had a good Monday - sometimes Mondays are hard... But, this salad will make it better :)
Until tomorrow,
~ Joeby



No comments:

Post a Comment