Thursday, May 15, 2014

Thursday - Day 15

Simple Salad Thursday

 
I am exhausted today.  So today will be a simple delicious salad!!
 
My honey grilled some chicken a few days ago, so I am using that as the protein for my entree salad today.  I love to find whatever I can in the refrigerator and pile up a salad :)
 
I have been really into spinach and arugula lately.  For the last year I have been on blood thinners, but recently got to stop taking them (yeah!!!).  You do not get to eat many dark green veggies when on blood thinners because the high vitamins in the veggies messes up your blood level "numbers".  I am making up for lost time by eating lots of dark green vegetables!
I started with a combo of spinach and arugula and then added some of the grilled chicken my husband cooked a few days ago.  He cubed the chicken and made kabobs this time.  We love kabobs because the meat cooks evenly and cutting it into pieces makes more surface areas for the marinade to adhere when grilling.  Always a good thing :)
I have been eating a variety of fruit for breakfast lately.  It is my favorite breakfast.  I made a little too much this morning, so I saved it to add to my salad for lunch.  The fruit this morning was - strawberries, blueberries, grapes, pineapple and mango.   I love the combination of sweet from the fruit with the chicken and lettuce.  I also added a handful of walnuts, and my favorite salad dressing - Green Goddess.
I have a fantastic recipe for Green Goddess that I will share in a few days.
 
I hope everyone has had a pleasant Thursday!
Until tomorrow,
~ Joeby


No comments:

Post a Comment