Monday, October 21, 2013

A Garden is a Friend

A garden is a friend
you can visit any time.
 

Courtyard

 
One of the main reasons we bought our house was for the courtyard.
It is so pretty.  It gets a little sun in the Summer, but not much at all in the Winter.
Most of the plants are shade loving.
I need to give it some attention this week. 

Front Entry.  I love the Halloween decorations by my front door :)

Looking towards the fountain - the plants
are really wild!

I think this white flower is lovely!
 Like a white waterfall.
Its name is Clerodendrum - Wallichii White.

Spotted Toad Lilies - aren't they beautiful?  They look like orchids.

This is one of my favorite plants.  One side of the leaf is green and the otherside
a beautiful eggplant purple color.  So pretty!

Pansies to plant.

Our fountain.  This is my husband and me :)

Ornamental kale - with a little toad lily on the side.

Pumpkins - real and metal :)

Mandavilla Vine flower.
 
I love the color of this pretty pink flower - just waiting to be planted.
The card says it is a "Celosia Intenza".
 
Finding peace and happiness in the garden is a great way to pass time. 
 I love the hard work the digging in the dirt requires. 
And, I love the faith that planting little plants and seeds require. 
 
I hope that your week is fabulous.
~ Joeby

1 comment: