Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Pumpkin Bread

I made pumpkin bread yesterday.  It smells SO good while cooking!  Our house smelled like fall.
It had gotten late, so I didn't actually eat any until this morning.  I am really thankful that it tasted good because we gave one of the loaves to a friend! 

 

This morning, I sliced the bread and then toasted it in the oven for a few minutes.
Then whipped some cream with a little powdered sugar and vanilla.
To finish it off, I sprinkled some cinnamon sugar on top :)  Luckily, my daughter came downstairs when I was eating, it and ate one of the slices for me :)  I really wanted both pieces....

Pumpkin Bread
4 eggs
2/3 cup water
1 cup oil
1 (15oz.) can pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups sugar
3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoons salt
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon cloves
1 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg (can use regular if you don't have the nutmegs to grate - but I really prefer the freshly grated)
2 cups chopped pecans

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix (in large bowl) - eggs, water, oil, pumpkin puree, and vanilla extract. Then beat in sugar until well mixed.
Combine all remaining ingredients, except the pecans.  Add dry ingredients to pumpkin mixture in 3 batches.  Mix well and scrape down sides.  Add pecans last and stir to combine.
Divide mixture between 2 greased and floured loaf pans (8" x 4" pans).
Bake for 1 hour.  You may need to tent with foil for the last 10 minutes to avoid over browning.

Tuesday in the Garden with Joeby


The radishes that I planted 5 days ago are doing great!  You can actually eat them like this for micro greens, but I didn't plant very many, and want them go grow to maturity.
 
The pretty pumpkin in our garden is turning orange just in time for Halloween :)
I am going to leave it out in the garden until it turns completely orange, and then make a pie with it!  Can't wait!  I am hoping it is ripe and ready for Thanksgiving!
 
I hope that your Tuesday has been fabulous.  Mine has been very busy, and I am thankful to go to bed in a few minutes!  So right now, I am grateful for nice clean sheets (because they sleep the best!).
Until tomorrow,
~ Joeby

1 comment:

  1. Your pumpkin is getting so big and pretty! We love pumpkin bread too!

    ReplyDelete