Thursday, October 3, 2013

So Glad...

I'm so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers.
~ L.M. Montgomery
 
I am fond of L.M. Montgomery (Lucy Maud).  She is the author of "Anne of Green Gables".  A couple of years ago, my sweet husband and I went to Prince Edward Island, Canada.  It was fabulous!!
The story was based on some facts, and one is the house.  There really is a Green Gables! 
It was lovely there!  We walked along the trails that Anne would have walked along.  So fabulous!!
We saw this little lady on our walk. She has a little critter in her mouth. She walked only feet in front of us.  Totally startled me!!  But, she was on a mission and didn't pay us a bit of attention.  I think she was taking food to her babies :)
This was the first time I had ever seen a fox out in the wild.  My mom used to see a mama fox and her babies playing at their farm near Versailles, KY.
 

Halloween Crafting

I have been in a major crafting mood lately!  A few months ago, some of my stamping friends and I went to a scrapbooking convention here in North Houston.  I got some items to make a Halloween bracelet, and finally made it today. 
 
The little clear bubbles are little pieces of glass.  Put a glue dot on, stick it to the tiny picture, then wait for it to dry and cut out.
The round ones are for a bracelet, and the square glass is for a necklace.
I can't wait to wear my Halloween jewlery. 
 
A couple of my halloween gourds.  I love them! 
 
I hope that where ever you are and what ever you are doing you find a little time for enjoying October, and perhaps do a little crafting or gardening today :)
~ Joeby
 

2 comments:

  1. Cute bracelets!!! You'll have to show me how to make them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that is so neat that you and Dad went to Prince Edward Island! Anne of Green Gables has always been one of my favorite movies and I just love how beautiful the island looks. And what a great shot of that fox you got! Amazing. I've never seen a fox in the wild either. Have fun with all of your crafting!

    ReplyDelete