Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Sit on a Pumpkin :)

I would rather sit on
a pumpkin
and have it all to myself,
than be crowded on a
velvet cushion.
~ Henry David Thoreau
 
I have had a very busy couple of weeks, but I managed to do a little pumpkin craft today! 
 

Canning Ring Pumpkin

I used small-mouth jar rings and wide-mouth jar rings.
I gathered all that I could find of gold toned bands - 20 of them.  Some are rusted.  I do not use the rusted ones in my canning, but for some reason they were in a box in the garage :)
I could only find 18 of the small mouth ones, so I used those - also gold toned.
I have noticed that silver seems to be the going color nowadays.

I cut leaves out of some patterned cardstock, and a little piece of scrap burlap.
This is the large-mouth one sitting on the wool scrap stool I made a few months back (March 9, 2013 post).

These are real pumpkin stems!! When we were keeping 2 of our grandbabies, a couple of years ago, while their parents were deployed with the military, we went to a pumpkin patch.  I noticed pumpkin stems all on the ground in the "patch".  My little grand daughter helped me gather them up. 
I asked the people running the facility if I could purchase them.  They told me that I could just have them :)  This is my first opportunity to use them.
 

Garden Pumpkin


The pumpkin in the garden (one of only 2 that I can find), is starting to turn yellow.  It is so pretty!!
When I go out there and see how it is doing each day, I think of the Charlie Brown and the Great Pumpkin.  I need to be sure to watch that cute show this year.  One is never too old for Charlie Brown!!
 
I hope that your day has been delightful!
Until tomorrow,
~ Joeby


1 comment:

  1. What a neat idea to make a pumpkin out of canning rings! Super cute.

    ReplyDelete