Friday, October 18, 2013

It's Friday!!

I didn't manage to get any crafting done today.  I am ready for the weekend for a little down time.
Part of my plans for the weekend is to finish planting my new flowers in the front yard and a few herbs and vegetables in the garden.  We are also planning on attending the Wildflower Festival in The Woodlands.  I can't wait to spend the weekend with my husband :)
 

More Halloween Decorations


 

Rosemary Cashews


 
I make these cashews when I host bunco or book club and for holidays.  They are very delicious!  And, addicting, so be prepared to share :)
 
Rosemary Cashews
 
1 pound whole raw (unsalted) cashews
2 Tablespoons fresh rosemary, minced
1 tsp. cayenne pepper
1 tsp. coarse salt
2 tsp. brown sugar
1 Tablespoon butter, melted
 
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spread the cashews on a rimmed baking sheet and heat in the oven for 4-5 minutes.  Combine the remaining ingredients in a bowl to form a paste (make sure bowl is big enough to hold the hot cashews and stir).  Add the cashews, hot from the oven, into the bowl and toss to coat all cashews with mixture.  Pour back on baking sheet and cook for 5 more minutes.  Remove pan from oven and stir around so they do not stick.  If the mixture looks "baked on" the cashews, you are finished.  If it still looks "wetish" then cook for 3 more minutes.  Do this until the cashews are lightly browning.  Be careful to watch during the last part so the nuts do not burn at all.  They will be fragrant and delicious!!
 
 
I hope that your weekend is delightful!
Until tomorrow,
~ Joeby

1 comment:

  1. I can't get over how cute your decorations are! lol Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete