Friday, October 11, 2013

The Greatest Fine Art of the Future

"The greatest fine art of the future
will be the making of a comfortable
living from a small piece of land."
~ Abraham Lincoln
 
I wanted to work in my garden today, but decided to wait until tomorrow (Saturday) so that my husband can help me :)
I need to get out there.  The weeds and vines have taken over!!
 
This morning I was texting a good friend as we do most mornings.  I told her that I was hungry for mangos and butternut squash!  She said that was better than craving chocolate.  I seldom crave chocolate, since it isn't my favorite (maybe some pound cake....).  So, for lunch today, I roasted some veggies!  They were delicious!

I roasted butternut squash, carrots, potatoes and onions.  I cut into chunks, put on a little olive oil and salt and pepper.  Roast at 425 degrees for about 15-20 minutes.  I chopped some fresh herbs to sprinkle on top (basil, rosemary, and sage - all that I have growing right now).
This was a great lunch!  I may end up having it again for dinner in a few minutes.
 

Halloween Crafting Continues

 
As I was playing around on Pinterst today (as I do way too often), I saw some cute little Christmas houses.  I got the idea to make a Halloween "haunted" house.

I made it out of cardboard glued together, and then put lots of cute Halloween items that I had in my card/scrapbook stash.
 
My Halloween paper creations so far this year.
 

Halloween Decorations

About 10 years ago, I got this fabulous Lone Star quilt at the Round Top antique festival.  I love the colors!  I hang it on my 2nd story banister to be seen when you come in my front door.  I enjoy changing out the quilt to match the holidays.  I think this old quilt is especially beautiful!  The hand stitching is incredible.  I love all of my quilts, but this is one of my favorites.
 
I hope that your day is going well, and that your weekend will be especially wonderful!
~ Joeby

2 comments:

  1. Fun Fun Fun! And no one makes better pound cake then Joeby. Maybe for my birthday ....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm...roasted veggies! I love those! And your Halloween house is adorable.

    ReplyDelete