Thursday, October 10, 2013

Best Thing

The best things in life,
Aren't things...
 

Gettin' Knitty

 
I learned to knit several years ago with my daughter. We took a beginning knitting class at a cute local yarn shop.  I have really only knitted scarfs and hats.  I started a sweater several years ago...  And, I also like to make wash cloths.  My knitting/crochet page on Pinterest is called "Gettin' Knitty."
I volunteered today and did not get a chance to do any major crafting.  I had a scarf that I have been working on that only needed a few more rows to finish up.  Well, I finished it today!! 
I love the colors!  Now, if it will just get cool enough here in the North Houston area for me to actually wear it...  I think it will be cute with a jean jacket! 
The pattern is very easy!  If anyone is interested,  I will post the pattern.  I got it several years ago and just have it memorized.  I'm not sure where I got the pattern, but I'm sure it is on Ravelry (a great knitting community website with free patterns, and other ones for sale.)
 

Craft Festival


 
A few months ago, my husband and I were out and about and we came across a craft festival.  I, of course, wanted to stop and look.  My husband, being his usual thoughtful self, stopped so that I could shop.  I found this funny little face jug.  I though it was so ugly that it was cute!!  It has a fabulous arts and crafts vibe about it.  I love hand made pottery and have several pieces that we have collected through the years.
 
I hope that your October is going well.  I have really enjoyed trying to think of things to share that I do each day.  I am convinced that having creative outlets helps balance out the stresses of everyday life. 
Until tomorrow :)
~ Joeby

1 comment:

  1. Love you knitting project! And I totally agree with you about having creative outlets and managing stress (and so does Elder Uchtdorf: https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2008/10/happiness-your-heritage?lang=eng).

    Also, you have 13 sweet grandbabies - two of them you just have to wait to get to know. ;)

    ReplyDelete