Wednesday, October 9, 2013

October

O hushed October morning mild,
Thy leaves have ripened to the fall;
Tomorrow's wind, if it be wild,
Should waste them all.
~ Robert Frost
 
Today has been another really busy day!  I am anxious to get to a nursery of some sort to purchase some fall vegetables to plant in my fall garden.  I stopped by one nursery today, but their plants didn't look very healthy.  I will get a chance on Friday, hopefully, to look again.
 

Fall Crafting

 
I managed to do a "tiny" bit of crafting today :)
Last year at the Houston International Quilt Festival, I got these cute felt balls.  I just love them!  I got some other ones in different sizes .  Hopefully, I will make something with those later on this month.  I also bought the cool acorn tops at the festival.
 
Here are the felt balls glued into the cool tops - and together they make really cute acorns :)
They are resting on the wool rose stool that I made a few months back.  I love the stool!! I also got the wool scraps at last year's quilt festival.  I am so exited that several friends are flying in to stay with me and attend at the end of this month.  It is simply fabulous, and if you are even remotely close to Houston, TX, you owe it to yourself to attend :)
 

Scary Sweet Gum Ball Halloween Spiders

 
 
Pipe cleaners from craft store & sweet gum balls from our yard.
 
 
Cut the pipe cleaners into eight pieces.  These fluffy ones are especially cute to use.
 
 
Then bend the pipe cleaners to look like spider legs.  Glue pipe cleaners into the little holes that are naturally in prickly sweet gum balls, and ta-da, you have spiders :)
Way, way back when I was a teenage in Humnoke, Arkansas, I made these with pine cones.  I would put them on jack-o'lanterns to make them spooky.  Love them :)
 
I hope that your October 9th has been a great day.  I am about to retire with a new pile of magazines and think of something new to make in the coming days of October!
 
~ Joeby

1 comment:

  1. I've heard that quilt festival is amazing! I have a friend that lives in DC who goes to Houston for the festival sometimes. Those spiders are so cute! (especially climbing all over the pumpkin!)

    ReplyDelete