Saturday, October 19, 2013

Take your Time

Saturdays are made for taking your time!
 
What a beautiful day in the North Houston area!  It rained last night bringing in a cool front to our area.  The morning was clear and crisp.  Fabulous day!!
 

Wild Flower Festival


The Woodlands Wildflower Festival
Lots of people were there.  They had a petting zoo and bouncy houses.  Year before last we took two of our grandbabies who were living with us while their parents were both deployed with the military.  We had them for 8 months, and it was fabulous.  Not a day goes by now that I don't miss those little rascals.  It was hard work, but a life changing experience - wonderful.  Lots of fun taking little ones to the petting zoo, etc., but this year, we just got the free wildflower seeds :)
 
We plant the seeds in our "wild" areas in our back yard.  So fun to see what comes up and what does good from year to year.  Different each year.
This was taken May of this year.  I love to see the flowers come up and all the bees that enjoy the flowers.  Plus, it makes our yard look great!
 

Shopping!

I got these fabulous little pumpkin ear rings. 
Love them :)

We made a fast trip into Trader Joe's so that I could stock up on my basics...
We also made a trip into Starbucks so I could get a Passion Flower lemonade.  Love it....  Thanks Paula, for getting me hooked on them!  And, we managed to go to Chuy's Mexican Restaurant for lunch and I got my favorite Shrimp Tacos.  Gotta love the creamy jalapeno dip!  I will never lose any weight... 
 
I hope that your Saturday was wonderful!
Until tomorrow,
~Joeby
 

1 comment:

  1. That's so neat you guys have a wildflower festival every year! I bet Hayley's kids loved going to all those fun places with you!

    ReplyDelete