Sunday, October 6, 2013

Fabulous Cool, and Rainy Morning - October 6

Round about the cauldron go;
In the poison'd entrails throw.
Toad, that under cold stone
Days and nights has thirty-one
Swelter'd venom sleeping got,
Boil thou first i' the charmed pot.
Double, double toil and trouble;
Fire burn, and cauldron bubble.
~ Shakespeare
(MacBeth, Act 4, Scene 1)
 
It is finally cooler here in the North Houston area this morning!!  Yeah!  It was only 61 degrees this morning and rainy.  My perfect day!
 
I was so happy with the weather that I decided to cook breakfast.
When I'm on a diet, as I am right now....I don't often cook breakfast, because most of the "treats" are pretty fattening.  The one I made this morning isn't 'too' bad.
Muffin Eggs - makes a dozen
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Line a cupcake/muffin pan with thinly sliced bacon
In a bowl mix:
8 large eggs
salt and pepper to taste
A dash or two of herbs of your choice
(fresh or dried)
1/2 cup shredded cheese
Saute a combination of chopped bell pepper & onion
(1/4 - 1/2 cup) in a tablespoon of butter,
until tender - and cool a few minutes. Add to eggs.
Mix and divide among the 12 bacon lined muffin pan.
Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes or until set in center.
These are really yummy.  Make them your own.  Add different herbs, veggies, etc.  They are really good left over and heated a few seconds in the microwave for a quick breakfast.
 

Crafting & Decorating

Isn't this Witch's Boot darling?  I cut out all of the pieces on my Cricut and glued it together.
I cut out a boot for each of the ladies in my monthly stamping group a couple of months ago.  I really like paper crafts, because they are pretty inexpensive.  (The Cricut cartrige is kind of $, but luckily I had a coupon that made it much cheaper, and it can be used over and over again). 
Mixing colors and putting your own twist on things is what helps you create unique crafts, even it the original idea wasn't exactly your own.
 
 
Happy Sunday everyone!  I hope that you are able to spend time with your family on this wonderful day.
~ Joeby
 

1 comment:

  1. Those muffin eggs look delicious!! Eddie and I are trying to eat more healthy right now too and it's so hard during the winter AND the holidays. All I want to do is sit at home and eat comfort food. lol

    ReplyDelete