Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Autumn

Autumn, the year's last loveliest smile.
~ William Cullen Bryant
 
Happy Day 2 of my October long blogging!
 
The pumpkin patch has arrived at our local
grocery store (HEB).  
I look forward to it each year :)
Isn't this mountain of pumpkins delightful!
I bought a few pumpkins, and will post a picture in a coule of days.
 

Halloween Crafting

 
I  made a new wreath for the front door today.  I love the black cloth ribbon with the green pompoms fringe on it!  I got it last year after Halloween at the cutest store.  "Picket Fences" in The Woodlands.  They have fabulous things. 
 
I also cooked yummy food tonight.  I roasted a chicken for a family in our church who are moving in a few days. I also made mashed potatoes, rolls, and gingerbread.  So much for my diet...
It rained here in the North Houston area today, so it was a delightful day to craft
and cook a big dinner. 
 
Where ever you are, I hope your day was wonderful!
~ Joeby
 

1 comment:

  1. Holy pumpkins! What a huge patch or as Elijah would say what a "ginormous" patch. lol It seems like he has been using the word ginormous in every other sentence lately. Apparently he heard a girl at preschool say it and now everything is ginormous. haha

    Absolutely LOVE your wreath! I want a wreath for our front door but haven't had a chance to go look what's available and I've never made one...not sure I would even know where to start to make one!

    That is so sweet of you to make dinner for a family who is moving in. I bet they will really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete