Friday, October 25, 2013

Friday Lunch Date

I love getting to meet my husband for lunch,
 and I got to today!
I had to go to the doctors office in The Woodlands for a blood test, and luckily got to meet
my husband for a date!
 

Hubble & Hudson

Hubble & Hudson is a specialty food store in The Woodlands, Tx.  We decided to order from the sandwich counter on the first floor and then go up to the second floor to eat and people-watch!  The yummy-looking lobster roll, above, is my sandwich choice.  The homemade bread was the best part - super soft and delicious!  It was very fresh tasting.  But a little $$ for lunch at $16...  And, once you've had real lobster rolls in Maine...well, nothing
compares to that.
 
My husband got a great sandwich (kinda spicy). 
Seoul Pork. 

The dessert counter looked fabulous!!  I totally want that cake with the swirls on the top shelf.  Large Vanilla Lemon Cake.  I am going to get one for the next birthday around here!  I usually make homemade, but may give this one a go.
 
The Viking Cooking School At Hubble & Hudson is on the top floor and we could watch from our table.  The board said the class was Macaroons and Whoopie Pies.  I wish I had taken that class!!!  They offer couples classes at night, and I am going to find a good sounding one and book my husband and I there for a fun date!

This was our view from our table looking out over the front of the store.  It is a fun place with prepared foods and speciality food items like a fancy grocery store.  We seldom go there, but always enjoy ourselves when we do.  The connecting Hubble & Hudson Bistro has really yummy food.  I have only gone with a couple of times.
 
I hope that your Friday has been delighful!
~ Joeby

1 comment:

  1. What a neat place to go for lunch! I bet lobster rolls in Maine are the best!

    ReplyDelete